What is Industrial Revolution 4.0?
The industrial revolution has been a game changer in the evolution of the human race, over a period of time the definition of Industrial revolution has undergone an enormous upheaval. Philosophies and principles propounded by the fathers of technological revolution are now obsolete. Case in point being the Assembly line production mechanism that was designed to minimize the movement of the workmen and move the job instead, however with rapid automation and robotics this assembly line concept is now getting a complete overhaul.
With the announcement of the IR 4.0 in Germany for the implementation of the recommendations way back in 2012 has caused quite a maelstrom due to lack of awareness and outright ignorance on the part of the Nay–Sayers.
ExcelR offers 5-day training program aims to provide a vision and direction to the representatives of the industry to embrace the IR 4.0 principles and in turn find newer avenues for growth. The program will walk through the various branches of IR 4.0 and how in the real-world businesses can seek value form them
The Industrial revolution 4.0 training curriculum has been designed keeping in view the participants who are decision makers or are part of the decision-making team of their respective organizations; and how they will be the part of the change management.
Things you will Learn…..
- In the IR 3.0 scenario Computerization and automation was given an enormous thrust that were important aids in the improving productivity. In IR 4.0 every process, machine, activity is broken down to the basic granular level and treated as a data point. Various measurement metrics are monitored for these data points to be able to make data driven decision making.
- IR 4.0 is an ongoing process whereby connectivity is the key. To obtain this, business must establish connection protocols for every machine in their ecosystem with the corporate network that is fast and secure. Organizations must establish a clear-cut plan of action with time lines for the various phases of establishing the connectivity.As a next phase a rigid signal capture and data storage system must be put in place.Data driven decision making models and protocols that can provide automated feedback to the system must be establishedTraining and sensitization to the principles of IR 4.0 for all employeesSoftware and hardware upgradation to meet the requirements of the connectivity requirements of IR 4.0
- Enables easy backend integration with ERP/MES etc.
- Various micro services can be enabled
- Enables distribution of various functionalities to different nodes
- Transparent and monitored communication pathways makes resource management easy
- It is easy to add new protocols and processes as an additive measure
- It is possible to communicate between various components/profit centers on the shop floor
- Lean manufacturing is an ongoing process of identifying wasteful practices, reducing costs and improving quality. Under the IR 4.0 paradigm the focus is on the ‘connect’ amongst the various assets/nodes in an organization. IR 4.0 architecture will eventually help achieving the goal of Lean.
Some of the key concerns that need to addressed before moving to IR 4.0 architecture are
- Cyber security
- Handling enormous volume of data
- Resources training and deployment
- Very long ROI cycle may lead to management pulling the plug mid-way